HELP!!!!! Please!!!

By HaileyNicole Latest Activity June 21, 2012 at 4:00 pm Views 2,120 Replies 5

HaileyNicole

Last night at around 3am i was woken up by my neck and head hurting so bad i was crying, But it was only the right side of my neck and head (sometimes its both sides or just the left side). The right side of my neck was sowllen and i still had a dull pain in my head 5 or 6 hours later. and my right eye had (still has) a red vein across my eye. My eye also was a light shade of pink…My doctor gave me these pills to take to stop the mirgraines from happening but they haven't worked and my muscle relaxer doesnt help my neck…my parents wont take me to the doctor again…and i was just wondering if anyone else has this problem or if they know any medicine that i could just buy to make the pain in my head stop…or if anyone could just tell me whats wrong with my head…or any information really…im tired of crying every time i get a headache/migraine…they happen randomly…make me puke…and dizzy…so please if anyone can help, comment, messege, etc…

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (5 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • notglowing
    notglowing October 6, 2012 at 7:17 am   

Sorry for you. And I can relate. I get the dizzy thing and I used to get those vomiting migraines too. Well I still get them but now I take Axert a prescription which at least avoids that vomit thing. It becomes a vicious cycle since the strain of vomiting plus trying not to increases the pain in the head. You need quiet darkness and peace. I have to take the Axert quickly to head off the puke so i carry it with me I still feel the headache but it's as if it is behind a curtain. I am Canadian so the whole system is accessible. I'd go to the doc myself or to emergency but not sure for you. A suggestion. Show this message board to your folks. They maybe just don't get it yet. Good luck

• toadwii
    toadwii September 28, 2012 at 11:27 pm   

Get zofan

• Jadzea
    Jadzea July 28, 2012 at 6:42 pm   

Do you have intollerances to red dye by any chance? It is so many foods and does a number on my hubby. Another thing that might cause your migraines is msg and there are dozens of different forms of it also, artificial sweetners. They all cause migraines for both my hubby and I. It's just a thought.

• SiMi-X
    SiMi-X June 22, 2012 at 12:03 am   

Either convince them to take you to the doctor (what is wrong with someone who won't take a kid with a swollen neck and eye problems to the doctor/hospital?!) or take yourself to the doctor or ER. I hope your symptoms have improved by now, but it sounds especially serious if they haven't improved or gotten worse. I hope you will update us!

• ImJ9
    ImJ9 June 21, 2012 at 10:38 pm   

Oh my! You poor thing. Do you not have health insurance? If you do and your parents won't take you to the doc that's a real problem. If you don't mind my asking, how old are you? Do your parents not believe your in serious pain? I know that my problems started when I was about 11 and they thought I was faking for attention. I'm now 41 and still have them. At least my parents feel guilty for not believing me. I don't wish for any young person to have to suffer alone with this. Perhaps show them this website to prove how real this problem is. There are lots of recommendations to ease the pain but you need to see a doctor. The fact that your neck was swollen has me concerned. As well as the fact it sounds like you may have had excessive pressure in your eye. You'll find incredibly supportive people here.