Migraine FREE for 5 months!!!!

By Abt4 Latest Activity July 28, 2012 at 2:53 am Views 2,605 Replies 8 Likes 4

Abt4

I am 22 year old female. I have been suffering from migraines for 10 years. My symptoms include numbness, loss of speech, confusion, temp memory loss, auras, head pain, and nausea. I have been to a neurologist many times and been diagnosed with complex migraines. I have been on propranolol, topamax, magnesium, and amlodipine. I am currently on amlodipine and a baby aspirin. Plus 400mg of magnesium a day. I have been migraine free for 5 months. I am so happy!!! Hope this info can help you too!

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (8 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • dks10
    dks10 August 1, 2013 at 11:34 am   

Thank you so much for sharing this info. It must be wonderful to be migraine free for 5 months. I'd settle for 5 days without one. God bless you.

• deltaforce
    deltaforce April 24, 2013 at 7:15 am   

Magnesium helped me too but I am planning to discontinue its use. Magnesium 400mg (in citrate form) certainly reduced the intensity and frequency of my migraines but now my problem is, the intensity at the start is so fuzzy that I am unable to figure out if I am getting migraines and if I delay taking my abortive (Ralefan), it does not help and the migraine lasts for few hours.

I am on Verapamil. I can not take baby aspirin due to my gastrointestinal issues.

• Houriya
    Houriya November 23, 2012 at 9:20 am   

Hi, my symptoms are similar to yours, and I'm 21 suffering for 15 years. So magnesium helped? I should try that then!

• JKN71
    JKN71 November 2, 2012 at 12:03 am   

Bayer has something very similar. They have one with aspirin, Tylenol and caffeine and one with just aspirin and caffeine.

• myobloc2
    myobloc2 September 30, 2012 at 1:50 am   

Did I miss they recalled Excedrin Migraine? Someone playing in the wrong sandbox again? Very happy to hear that you are on the Migraine wagon to Wellness! Keep your smile it will get even better!

• SiMi-X
    SiMi-X October 6, 2012 at 5:35 pm   

Yes, Excedrin Migraine was recalled for most of the year. I believe this month it is/will be back on the shelves. It had something to do with meds found in it that weren't supposed to be in it. People who used it started hoarding it and buying it off eBay for a lot of dough. Pretty crazy!

• SiMi-X
    SiMi-X July 28, 2012 at 7:13 pm   

Congratulations! I hope your meds continue to work for you! :-)

• Jadzea
    Jadzea July 28, 2012 at 6:32 pm   

I'm glad mine aren't that bad. So far, Excedrin Migraine helps mine. Still have some from before the recall. Mine weren't in the range they recalled thank goodness because they still don't have it on the shelves again.