headaches that wont break

By bambielynn32 Latest Activity December 4, 2012 at 5:04 pm Views 1,973 Replies 5

bambielynn32

i am on day 10 of a major migraine . any suggestions?

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (5 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • mf916
    mf916 January 27, 2013 at 3:43 pm   

I would try tramadol to ease the pain & then what I do to break the cycle is take Depakote for 1-3 days. Even though the doctors say the preventative shouldn't work in that manner, depakote ALWAYS help me break a string of migraines. I hate the side effects long term, so I keep it only for these reasons.

• sajju
    sajju December 7, 2012 at 12:38 am   

Hi thr, mines worse. .. I m on a 17 day migraine trip. . Its nocturnal n I can't sleep it off n I grind my teeth in my sleep to make it worse n my meds r nt working. . Too nauseated to eat anything n going almost insane… Any ideas? ?

• John Bukowski Galt
    John Bukowski Galt December 6, 2012 at 11:53 am   

Magnesium supplements, caffeine, triptan drugs, going to the ER, putting heating packs on your head and/or neck. Drinking tonic water helps me sometimes. NSAIDs.

• sassybee
    sassybee December 5, 2012 at 11:10 am   

When mines tend to get this severe the only thing I have left to do is go to the ER and get a shot! I use this as a last resort, and sometimes it we cease and start all over again with in a day or two.

• Houriya
    Houriya December 4, 2012 at 10:16 pm   

Hi, Might sound weird, but try putting something on your head to keep it worm, sometimes it's cold that hurts, I would also suggest you check what you've been eating lately, try to take some honey and check if you notice your stomach feels "gassy" sometimes gasses in your stomach push on a nerve connected to the head. I get major long migraines up to weeks long and most often it's the weather or my digestif system acting up.