Nocturnal migraine

By sajju Latest Activity December 7, 2012 at 12:44 am Views 2,113 Replies 4 Likes 3

sajju

Hi there, I am on a 17 day continues migraine trip. It is nocturnal n hence I can't sleep it off. .. To make it worse I grind my teeth in my sleep n a very light sleeper. .. So I keep waking up fr every pin drop.. Any suggestions?

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (4 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • talk2laura
    talk2laura February 2, 2013 at 10:56 am   

If its to expensive to get the guard from the dentist ..get one at your local sporting goods store. You will have to cut the ends off boil it I hit water. Let cool slightly then place In mouth bit down and keep in till it sets

• sajju
    sajju December 23, 2012 at 1:20 pm   

John that's the most sensible advice I ever got for my migraine woes.. I booked an appointment with my dentist:-) .. Really grateful for ur advice. .. Thanx wid al my heart!

• John Bukowski Galt
    John Bukowski Galt December 23, 2012 at 10:33 am   

Ask your dentist about making a custom mouth guard for you. I have one and it works great. I believe the term (I may be wrong though) is an N.T.I. You wear it when you sleep and you can wear it during the day as well. It retrains the nerves in your jaw so that your mind doesn't tell your jaw to clench and your teeth to grind. After wearing it for a while, you will notice a huge difference. It has to be custom fit for your mouth, so it is far superior than the OTC mouth guards you get at a drug store.

Teeth grinding at night can also be caused by acid reflux disease, so you could try taking some antacids before bed and making some dietary changes.

Sometimes neurologists will prescribe Klonopin (Clonazapam) to take at night to prevent grinding, but the mouth guard is a MUCH MUCH better choice.

• sajju
    sajju December 23, 2012 at 1:21 pm   

Thankoooooo !!! I am very grateful to u!!