At my breaking point!

By migraine momma Latest Activity December 29, 2012 at 9:53 am Views 2,280 Replies 13 Likes 2

migraine momma

Hi everyone! I have been suffering from migraines for about 4 years now. They started off one a week then 2 a week and so forth. Now I have migraines everyday and have for about 2 years now. Imetrex used to work wonders but now one take t he edge off due to me building up a tolerance. I am at my wits end on what to do next. My neurologist is a joke and now to add to it for the last year I have had a sharp piercing pain in my left ear and a muffled heartbeat sound in my right ear. This is constant and I can't do anything to get rid of it. Does anyone have similar symptoms?

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (13 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • dks10
    dks10 September 2, 2013 at 11:33 am   

Hi,
    I have some of the same problems. My migraines are almost daily and they're in my right eye, and sometimes I feel like I have an ice pick sticking in my right ear. I take the generic Imitrex and Loritab. I used to take Maxalt and it worked well but it's expensive and I don't have insurance anymore. Don't know if this helped you, but I understand your pain.

• mf916
    mf916 April 28, 2013 at 8:18 am   

A neurologist in the area that is trained/certified in providing botox injections. If you go to the botox web
    site they should have a search function for a DR in your area. I'm back to taking 500mg depakote though since the botox reduced but didn't eliminate all of them. I hate the side effects but depakote works the best for me .

• keokeogirl
    keokeogirl April 28, 2013 at 1:18 am   

All the triptans have stopped

working for me too, I had a great nuero who gave me morphine that worked for the severe ones. Unfortunately, I changed medical plans & my nee doc doesn't believe in narcotics! I have been really suffering, she just prescribed midrin the other day. I have yet to try it as the pharmacy
    is having trouble getting it. I don't think anybody uses it anynore.

• keokeogirl
    keokeogirl April 28, 2013 at 12:53 am   

Go to allergan..com they are the makets of the botox for migraines

• keokeogirl
    keokeogirl April 23, 2013 at 3:42 am   

Botox & Topomax was a lifesaver for me! Except for those PMS migraines though. Now that I am getting older & my hormones are going whacko, nothing works!

• barbaraALB
    barbaraALB April 27, 2013 at 5:31 pm   

Where did you receive Botox injections may I ask

• talk2laura
    talk2laura February 2, 2013 at 10:38 am   

Hi I'm a nurse and I have been suffering for 15 Years now. Do you have a history of neck head injury. Have you had X-rays / MRI's of neck head and brain. ?"

• mf916
    mf916 January 27, 2013 at 3:38 pm   

I've tried everything under the sun & felt after years of taking imitrex it didn't work & made my migraines worse. then a neurologist put me on Tramadol. In 10 minutes you are headache free but painkilkers are highly addictive & after 3 years of tramadol i realized the side effects were making my life worse. i recently finally tried Botox & although skeptical I have a reduction of 50-80%. Extremes still trigger them (like extreme stress or dieting) and a week of my period but by far the pain has lowered from a 10 to a 1 or 2. Hardly any side effects after the 1st week so compared to all the Rx preventative side effects, this is huge

• barbaraALB
    barbaraALB April 27, 2013 at 5:30 pm   

Where did you receive Botox injections for Migraines?

• keokeogirl
    keokeogirl April 28, 2013 at 1:04 am   

Allegan.com you can search by zip code for a nuero that does the botox, u have to have at least 15 headaches per month for ins. To pay fo it, so you need to keep a log

• ImJ9
    ImJ9 January 10, 2013 at 2:45 am   

Find a different neurologist. Or talk to your GP.

• lyss12b
    lyss12b January 5, 2013 at 8:25 pm   

Have you tried topamax? It works well for me. Also the herbs butterbur and feverfew taken every day along with magnesium. Hope you feel better soon

• keokeogirl
    keokeogirl April 28, 2013 at 1:12 am   

I used to take butterbur but I read there are too many side effects although it is considered on of the most effrctive herbs on migraine.com but sometimes I guess it's worth the chance!