Help me:(

By InnerBeauty12 Latest Activity February 9, 2013 at 10:24 pm Views 2,218 Replies 6


I am 19 years old and I have migraines 24/7. No kind of pain killer even touches the pain. I'm so desperate for relief! It's getting to the point where I fe like I am wasting my life because I don't enjoy anything anymore cause of the pain. I go to a doctor but so for nothing has worked.

  • Report Report as inappropriate
  • Share
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (6 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • chuffers244
    chuffers244 April 25, 2013 at 6:37 pm   

    Neurologist is good, acupuncture is also a great help! Don't over take painkiller they lose effectiveness after a while… Iv been in a similar situation.

  • Zangoly
    Zangoly April 3, 2013 at 4:10 pm   

    Consider finding a good acupuncturist trained in Chinese Herbal Medicine. I was in a similar spiral, though not quite as bad, and it completely stopped my migraines. I do have to go once per month in perpetuity, however.

  • lyss12b
    lyss12b February 23, 2013 at 11:06 pm   

    Something to try would be to eliminate any possible triggers (bananas, nuts, dried fruits, dehydration, and fluorescent lighting are some of mine). I would suggest the book "Heal Your Headache". Also I agree with trying a different doctor

  • APN182
    APN182 February 20, 2013 at 11:14 am   

    I feel for you because I know from personal experience that there are no easy answers. Depending on where you live, you could seek out another doctor. Sometimes doctors run out if ideas and a fresh opinion may be helpful. I am trying out doctors now myself. I just "fired" 2 doctors that treated me in ways that were unacceptable. But in the process I found out about a migraine specialist in my area that I didn't know existed. So I'm going to get another opinion.

  • LaNette70
    LaNette70 February 13, 2013 at 6:56 pm   

    If it is possible find a headache clinic such as Diamond Headache Institute in Chicago. It sounds like you need a specialist for your doctor.

  • Devenaira
    Devenaira February 17, 2013 at 10:41 am   

    if u do not have a headache clinic u can always go and see an neurologist that is what i had to do