Is it really Migraine?

By Dhruva Latest Activity April 29, 2013 at 9:58 am Views 1,707 Replies 3 Likes 1

Dhruva

I've had this Eye ache. It starts with this feeling that something is poking from behind the eyeball and then later feels like its needle after an hour or two I start to get nauseated and then the usual cant stand the sound and light. I have had this since I was 13, I'm 33 now. Is it really migraine or cluster headache or something else? I usually have Triptans in conjunction with postafen(for nausea) when I get something is poking in my eye feeling… with bit nausea it usually passes away and I continue working but when I take the triptans late then I'm pretty much screwed the pain and nausea goes away but I'm completely drained. I almost cant walk or do anything. I have these eye aches once a week. The longest I was free of it as far as I remember is 2001 july a whole month, but these last three weeks I'm having it almost every other day if not everyday and I even had to take two triptans instead of one ( my recommended dose is one per attack) two weeks back I had three days a row. I'm going to my doc again tomorrow and I'll ask about PFO lets see if he agrees to do that test.

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (3 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • grtwhthype69
    grtwhthype69 October 18, 2013 at 10:50 am   

I had the same thing before and got progressive bifocals which stopped the stabbing pain almost immediately. I still suffer from occasional migraines as I take daily preventive meds.

• dks10
    dks10 May 22, 2013 at 11:31 am   

My migraines are usually in my right eye. The only way i can explain it, is it feels like a big rubberband wrapped around my eyeball trying to pull it through the back of my head. I know the suffering you're going through. Hope your Dr. helped you.

• chuffers244
    chuffers244 May 9, 2013 at 11:41 am   

Hi
    I think you have a type if migraine called an ocular migraine. Normally it only affects the eye area and it is really painful and disorientating, normally accompanied by nausea. iv only every had about 10 of these and they normally affect my left eye… Does this help? If not sorry I couldn't be anymore helpful!