Botox

By MrsWeaver Latest Activity July 16, 2013 at 1:09 pm Views 2,086 Replies 4

MrsWeaver

Neurologist suggested Botox then other day. Injections in neck, shoulders, and just 2 areas in face. Any thoughts?

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (4 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • Alisha1989
    Alisha1989 January 3, 2016 at 7:02 pm   
    Edited January 3, 2016 at 7:03 pm by Alisha1989

Hi, i have been receiving botox for six months now. 32 injections every three months by my neurologist and have had success. But it is the not the be all and end all, botox just masks your migraines so while its good its still not getting to the bottom of the issue. I am currently being tested for sticky platelets and PFO. I have read so many feeds where these issues where what was creating the migraine in the beginning. Botox is a fantastic step in getting your life back on track but it should not be the end result for you. Hope this helps :)

• MrsWeaver
    MrsWeaver July 19, 2013 at 9:53 am   

Thank you!

• hugheo1
    hugheo1 December 19, 2013 at 5:44 pm   

Botox has been so sucessful for me, I suffered for 7 years and recently tried it. Its about weighing up the risks for you. I wouldn't consider botox a high risk procedure especially wen administered by skillef neurologist s. Get some more info and dont discount yet!!! I've got my kife back!

• eboyce44
    eboyce44 July 18, 2013 at 4:19 am   

Hi my friend has had Botox twice now. She had 31 injections in total in her head, neck and face. Unfortunately this has been unsuccessful both times. Also I am studying Psychology at university and I have another friend studying science and both of our lecturers have advised against all Botox as it is a very dangerous drug. Botox stops movement in the area it is injected; therefore, if it is injected into the blood stream accidentally (which apparently is easily done) it will go straight to the heart and brain and stop the pulsing movement which would lead to serious consequences including death. I know many people have it done and some manage to get migraine benefit from Botox but you should definitely go into the decision fully aware of the consequences. I know although I have had migraines since I was 12 everyday with rare breaks in-between and I'm now 20 after all the teaching I've had on Botox I would never try it (and I've tried a lot of unpleasant treatments in the past). Hope this helps.