New to Migraine Connect

By CierraNicole93 Latest Activity August 19, 2013 at 11:24 pm Views 1,606 Replies 4 Likes 2

CierraNicole93

I'm new here. Hoping to talk with other sufferers and learn techniques or anything to help and understand where all this is coming from.

I'm 20 years old, recently became a sufferer if general anxiety disorder and it caused a lot of stress in my daily life, I'm a student and I work so Ive got a lot on my plate. I notice that I get my migraines on days that I anticipate relaxation or on days that I get to sleep in or have off work. Is this normal?

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (4 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • migraineskillme
    migraineskillme November 2, 2013 at 12:54 pm   

I am also 20. I have been getting migraine headaches for as long as i can remember and most of the time they occur when I finally come to a rest because I am usually very busy, as you are. The methods i use when i feel a small heartbeat in my head which is usually a sign of a migraine fixing to occur, are 2 excedrin upon waking up if you know you are going to be doing alot of thinking and relaxing. you have to start eating healthy and this helps with the problem very much. diet is a big part of a migraine occurring so make sure your eating on those days when you might feel like skipping out on a meal or don't forget to snack regularly this helps. make sure you keep excedrin or ibuprofin just in case if migraine occurs on the way home or while out and about. if migraine becomes extreme before you can control it. turn off all lights, sounds, and get in bed and don't think at all just clench those jaws because pressure helps a lot. put your hands around your ears and press and hold and try to fall asleep. cold rag on the forehead helps alot also.

• dks10
    dks10 November 5, 2013 at 8:28 am   

So sorry you're in such pain at such a young age. I'm here almost everyday if you want to talk.

• dks10
    dks10 September 4, 2013 at 10:44 am   

I also suffer with migraines. Have you talked to a Dr. about any meds? There are several migraine meds out there now that work for alot of people. Good luck.

• lyss12b
    lyss12b August 20, 2013 at 10:26 pm   

Yes, these are stress let down migraines, meaning that they kind of build up during your busy stressful times and then are released when you are relaxed. These happen to some people ( me too, sometimes). How often do you get them and are you having any other symptoms ( aura, etc)?