Migraines with arthritis

By AJ30 Latest Activity August 26, 2013 at 1:26 pm Views 1,457 Replies 1

AJ30

Does anyone have any form of arthritis and or fibromyalgia? I was recently diagnosed with migraines but have had fibromyalgia since 2004 and was diagnosed with facet arthritis, spondylosis and degenerative disc disease. I was wondering if there was a corralation? My middle sister has severe migraines but doesn't have all the other health problems like I do. This is frustrating to say the least!!!!

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (1 reply)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • Susy888
    Susy888 September 10, 2013 at 1:34 pm   

Yes, I have osteo arthritis, and also microscopic colitis. These 2 diseases are auto immune diseases. When they flare up so do my migraines. I think there is a link to these and the migraines that I've had all my life. Basically, inflammation is at the core of autoimmune disease, so I am trying to stay on a anti inflammatory diet. I take no meds for any of it. Have not had much luck with meds for my migraines. I am now 67, but my earlier migraines seemed to always be triggered by hormones. Now, I don't know what my triggers are. I get migraines about every 2 weeks, often first on one side then the other. I always get aura.