Tinted contact lenses for migraines

By I dont know anymore Latest Activity August 28, 2013 at 2:18 pm Views 1,786 Replies 2 Likes 1

I dont know anymore

Hello! I am extremely sensitive to light, snow, flourescent lights etc. A couple of months ago I tried using tinted contact lenses. It makes everything dimmer when I wear it. Anybody hasv tried it? Also, are any other things anybody does to deal with light sensitivity?

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (2 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • SiMi-X
    SiMi-X October 11, 2013 at 3:19 pm   

I use precision-tinted glasses called TheraSpecs, which is a proven tint that helps migraineurs. It doesn't darken your vision (I suspect your tinted contacts were not the correct migraineur tint), but blocks the harmful light wavelengths from fluorescents and such (which regular sunglasses cannot do, plus wearing sunglasses indoors makes photophobia worse due to your eyes getting used to the darkness). You get to see with more contrast and things like the TV screen won't be washed out anymore. Fluorescents are one of my triggers (the other is sunlight - I wear migraineur sunglasses called MigraShades outdoors), so I wear these glasses all the time. They are available in prescriptions if you need vision correction (mine are not).

• dks10
    dks10 September 4, 2013 at 10:42 am   

That sounds like a great idea. I just wear sunglasses.