I suffer with Migraines a lot, and I don't know what to do to ease them when they start.

By Amy7575 Latest Activity December 9, 2013 at 8:33 am Views 1,943 Replies 2 Likes 3

Amy7575

Could someone give me some advice on this??

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (2 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • 30yrs+And Still
    30yrs+And Still December 14, 2013 at 8:21 pm   

I fully agree with @dks10 completely about seeing a dr sooner better than later . Please don't think I feel this way towards your question , but so many ppl self diagnosis "Migraine" ! I actually started having mine a little over 30 yrs ago when I wasn't even In High school yet :(
    So at that time in my life ~ I wasn't taking much or accepting what they ( Dr & Family ) were trying to get me to do !
    As far as relief .. even today .. I go lay down as sone as notice it ( seriously ~ rarely possible ) and LOW light .i think it will help to get on the right Rx and figure out your Triggers !
    I hope you get to feeling better ! I been through it all ~

• dks10
    dks10 December 12, 2013 at 7:50 am   

First, have you talked to a Dr. about your migraines? If not, that's where you have to start. If over the counter meds don't work a Dr. can usually prescribe something that will work. I've had migraines for 27 years. I know they're no fun at all. I've found that if I can catch mine right when they're coming on, I take my migraine pill, go to a dark room, try to drink plenty of water, and just be quite and still. It seems to help the migraine go away faster. I hope this helps you. Good luck.