If Botox doesn't work...

By ariat17 Latest Activity September 26, 2014 at 7:16 pm Views 5,126 Replies 2

ariat17

I have had three injections of Botox, once every three months. It helped a lot in the begining. I went from having 3-4 migrains per week down to about 1 a week. And I have also went from 3-4 ER visits a month to only 1 since I started Botox. But it seems to not work as well anymore. What happens if Botox ends up not working for me at all? Is there a next step? I have been on every preventative medication and have tried every rescuer med there is and they don't help much.

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (2 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • cloverz
    cloverz December 15, 2014 at 6:39 pm   

I also get botox injections. My neurologist asked if I had a headache the day he gave them to me. And, I did. He mentioned that he had read some information stating that when given while you have a headache is less effective. You may want to ask your doctor about that. I also went at 4 months one time and noticed mine where somewhat worse so he has kept me on every 3 months. For me, I didn't notice the effects until after my second time. I will be getting my 5 or 6th set later this month and will try to remember to ask him about the above mentioned. I wish you the best.

• TX Bulldog
    TX Bulldog August 19, 2016 at 3:48 pm   

I had the same experience. I have been getting the Botox shots for over 4 years now. Thankfully they help most of the time. However, the few times I've had a migraine when I was getting the shots, the treatment did not work. No explanation or reason for this, but it happens nontheless.